Young Archaeologist Magazine
All YAC UK members receive our quarterly magazine, Young Archaeologist which is usually sent out in the first week of March, June, September and December. The magazine is packed full of exciting articles, reports and activities including…
- Places to visit with your YAC Pass
- Things to make and do in the YAC Attack!
- New competitions for YAC UK members to enter
- Norman’s Web Watch, which looks at other great children’s sites on the web
- Archaeological reports in the ‘Site Notebook’
- Find out which books Young People Recommend in YAC’s ‘Read and Review’ section
- YAC’s ‘Where in the World?’ article, which is all about archaeology in other parts of the world
- Take the opportunity to Write an Article for the magazine
- Try to work out ‘What is it?!’ in our mystery find competition
- Letters, jokes, pictures, poems and facts sent in by other Young Archaeologists like you, in Norman’s Noticeboard
- YAC branch news
Click on the links to find out more about the Young Archaeologist magazine.
Young Archaeologist is changing
Over the next year we are going to be making some changes to YAC, including building a brilliant, brand-new website, which we want your help to design. The website will be packed with all the incredible stuff you can currently get in Young Archaeologist. All this will be available completely free of charge to everyone.
Tell us what you’d like to find on our new website by doing our quick survey.
The new website for young archaeologists will be regularly updated with content for young people of all ages. It will replace the existing printed Young Archaeologist magazine, and as it will be freely available we will no longer need to charge anyone to join YAC - so far more young people will be able to get involved. If you’re a YAC UK member now; don’t worry – you won’t lose out as you’ll be able to access even more amazing content, updated on a regular basis, anytime you want it!
Follow the link to find out more about the latest issue of Young Archaeologist magazine.
External Internet Safety Links
External websites are out of the control of The Young Archaeologists’ Club. Whilst we have carried out an initial check that the content of the website is suitable for The Young Archaeologists’ Club age range, The Young Archaeologists’ Club is not responsible for the content of these external sites. If you feel that the link is unsuitable, please do let us know.
For more information please visit YAC’s Safe Surfing page.