How to Join YAC UK
The Young Archaeologists’ Club (YAC) is the only UK-wide club for young people aged up to 17. The club is run by Council for British Archaeology (CBA), an educational charity working for over 65 years to promote ‘Archaeology for All’. YAC’s vision is for all young people to have opportunities to be inspired and excited by archaeology, and to empower them to help shape its future. There are two parts to the Young Archaeologists’ Club (YAC).
- YAC UK is a magazine based subscription package aimed at children under the age of 17 who are interested in archaeology.
- The YAC Branches are a network of local branches where children can get involved in hands-on activities on a regular basis.
Why join YAC UK?
Here is what some of our current and previous members/parents have said about YAC UK and the Young Archaeologist magazine.
- ‘It’s absolutely brilliant’
- ‘My son has really enjoyed the magazine and particularly the dig he participated in at Stratford this year’
- ‘Thank you for all the issues of the magazine over the last few years, every single one has been fascinating and beautifully produced’
- ‘My son was given membership for Christmas and is thrilled with it!’
- ‘Thanks for a lot of fun over the years’
- ‘My son has thoroughly enjoyed being a member or the YAC and has got a tremendous amount out of it’
- ‘My daughter has bundles of enthusiasm about archaeology and YAC which has been one of the best investments ever! Thank you for such a great magazine, it really fuels her interest and imagination’
There are a number of different ways to apply for YAC UK membership:
You can also use the YAC UK application form to renew a YAC UK membership by cheque or by Direct Debit.
Once you have completed all the relevant fields please return the YAC UK application form to the YAC office. Our postal address is written on the bottom of the application form and can also be found on the contact us page.
Over the telephone
We will need to take all the details on the card and the billing address for the card. Please have your Credit or Debit Card ready and then telephone +44 (0)1904 671417. We do not accept American Express. We cannot set up Direct Debit payments over the telephone.
Please note: Do not send cash through the post as a form of payment for YAC UK membership.
Find out more:
- How to renew a YAC UK membership
- How to sign up to Gift Aid
- Full list of membership prices for the UK and abroad
- Full list of membership categories
- About the Young Archaeologists’ Club
- About the Council for British Archaeology.
Council for British Archaeology
You may also like to join our parent organisation the Council for British Archaeology (CBA). The CBA has a wide range of membership options including:
- Individual CBA Membership
- Joint CBA Membership
- CBA/YAC Family Membership
- Student CBA Membership
- Affiliate CBA Membership
Find out more:
- About the benefits of CBA Membership
- Check out the full list of CBA Membership prices
- Visit the CBA website.
Support the CBA and become a member today!
External Internet Safety Links
External websites are out of the control of The Young Archaeologists’ Club. Whilst we have carried out an initial check that the content of the website is suitable for The Young Archaeologists’ Club age range, The Young Archaeologists’ Club is not responsible for the content of these external sites. If you feel that the link is unsuitable, please do let us know.