The Young Archaeologists’ Club forms part of a larger charity called the Council for British Archaeology.
Your support will help us to continue making a significant and positive impact on the lives of young people, by providing unique opportunities for them to explore archaeology and the past.
YAC co-ordinates a network of local archaeology clubs across the UK for young people aged 8–16. These are run by teams of adult volunteers. Find out more about volunteering with YAC with our Frequently Asked Questions.
YAC is already providing more than 7,000 opportunities every year for young people to get mud under their fingernails doing real archaeology. YAC no longer receives statutory funding for our work. Raising funds is therefore critical to our success. Whatever you do for YAC, and however much you raise, together we make every penny count.
Fundraising for us is simple, and can be done on any scale from a cake sale for your friends, family and work colleagues, to sponsored events. If you would like to fundraise for YAC, please contact us.
YAC is keen to explore potential partnerships with businesses. If you represent a business and would like to discuss mutually beneficial opportunities with us, we would love to hear from you. From sponsoring a local YAC club to supporting a bespoke YAC training event, or providing a grant for equipment, we can offer a range of opportunities tailored to your business.
Your donation can make a huge difference to YAC:
- £10 allows us to recruit a new volunteer leader
- £20 pays for a Child Protection course
- £50 provides an annual grant to a local YAC club
- £100 puts a volunteer through First Aid Training
You can choose to donate to us in a number of ways:
- Set up a standing order on an annual, six-monthly, quarterly or monthly basis. Just download our standing order form, complete and return to us.
- Donate via text with Just Text Giving: send a free text to ARCH11 followed by the amount you wish to donate, either £1, £2, £3, £4, £5 or £10 to 70070, e.g. 'ARCH11 10'
- Donate securely online via our web shop Search for 'Council for British Archaeology'
- Or call us on 01904 671417 to donate with a credit or debit card
If you are a UK tax payer, don’t forget to Gift Aid your donation. By using Gift Aid, YAC gets an extra 25p from the government in tax relief for every pound you give – and it doesn’t cost you anything.
You can raise funds for YAC from the comfort of your own computer without it costing you a penny!
- Make Everyclick your homepage, and you can raise money for YAC every time you search the web
- Shop online via Give as you Live and raise money every time you buy a product from thousands of leading online retailers. Sign up now and pick the Council for British Archaeology as your chosen cause
Have you considered including a gift to the Young Archaeologists’ Club in your will to help support our work with young people and volunteers? A charitable donation in your will may help to reduce the tax burden on your estate, and in some instances need not have any effect on the inheritance you leave to loved ones.
To leave a legacy to us, you simply need to include details in your will. This can be done by writing a will or by making an amendment or codicil to an existing will. Your solicitor or professional adviser will be able to tell you more.
If you would like to discuss leaving a legacy to YAC in your will, please email us or phone 01904 671417 and speak to us in confidence.
Join the Council for British Archaeology to receive a range of member benefits – including our flagship magazine British Archaeology – and to help us to speak up for archaeology across the UK. Your membership will also help to support the Young Archaeologists’ Club. Find out more about CBA membership by clicking here.