Session basics checklist
Use this checklist to make sure your YAC sessions are covered by YAC insurance.
Please note that this only applies to clubs which have completed YAC's approval process and are in possession of a current YAC insurance certificate.
- Only take responsibility for children for whom you have current (less than one year old) medical and emergency contact information. Make sure you have this with you at every session. Use the Branch Membership Form to collect the information.
- Have at least two current YAC Branch Leaders or Assistants to run the session.
- Have no more than 8 children present for each Branch Leader or Assistant.
- Have a First Aider and a First Aid Kit.
- Have a risk assessment for the session and tell everyone what’s in it.
- Make sure all of the adults present have read the YAC Code of Conduct.
- Always work in groups, making sure each Branch Leader or Assistant is within the sight and hearing of another Branch Leader or Assistant. Never be on your own with a child.
- Make sure you have a copy of the current YAC insurance certificate.