Closing a Branch
YAC teams sometimes find it difficult to continue. Please do ask YAC HQ for help, rather than struggling on alone. One of the most common problems is too much falling on one person’s shoulders; YAC HQ can help you with finding new volunteers as well as suggesting ways of spreading the load.
It may be that placing the club ‘on hold’ – effectively taking a break of a few months – may help the situation. After four months a decision must be made by the club leadership team whether to close the club, and YAC HQ must be notified of the decision either way.
We recognise that a club may have to close, but as much notice as possible must be given. The main priority is that the young people involved in the club should be kept fully informed of the changes occurring. This can sometimes have the benefit of encouraging parents or guardians to help out!
If, after a period of time, closure seems to be the only option, then please follow the steps outlined here:
- Write to members outlining when the last meeting will be, and forward a copy to YAC HQ.
- At the last meeting, give members details of how to contact YAC HQ if they have questions.
- Complete a Branch Closure form and send it to YAC HQ.
- Close the Branch bank account, sending any remaining funds along with the account details and cheque book to YAC HQ. We will use these to support other Branches, keeping them aside for new provision in your local area for one year, then using them to support the whole Branch network.
- Send your last three years’ paperwork to YAC HQ: registers, Accident, Incident or Referral Forms, and risk assessments. Please send these securely: we will refund your postage costs.
- If you have any resources purchased with Branch money, please either send them to your nearest Branch, or to YAC HQ so we can redistribute them. Again, we will refund your postage costs.
- Shred all personal details that you hold for Branch members. YAC HQ can do this for you if you prefer, just securely post us the documents.
- Close any Branch website, and remove Branch information from the local area.