What is the YAC Pass?
The YAC Pass is the Young Archaeologists’ Club Passport to the Past. It is an incredible booklet packed full of special offers at museums and heritage sites across the UK, which are exclusive to YAC UK members! There are also discounts and other offers with carefully selected partner organisations - like book and magazine publishers, holiday companies, archaeological tool supplies, and outdoor clothing companies!!
There are loads of reasons to join YAC UK and the brilliant YAC Pass booklet is just one of them.
In 2013, the YAC Pass is bigger than ever before. YAC UK has joined up with over 210 independent sites, museums, attractions and gardens so wherever you live across the United Kingdom there will be a site for you to visit at a discounted rate or FREE!!
How to use the YAC Pass
The YAC Pass booklet can be used with a valid YAC UK membership card to get you into lots of local sites for a discounted price or in most cases, for free. Find out more about How to use the YAC Pass.
YAC UK members can use their YAC Pass booklet to access:
Free entry at:
- English Heritage sites
- Cadw sites in Wales
- Historic Scotland sites
- Environment and Heritage Service sites in Northern Ireland
Half-price entry at the 13 Manx National Heritage sites on the Isle of Man
Discounts on archaeological experiences/equipment:
- 10% online discount on trowels, hardhats, boots and archaeological tools with Archtools
- 10% discount on your family holiday with The Adventure Company
- A fantastic 5% discount on Peter Sommer Travels’ archaeological holidays
- Save 15% online when booking a City Sightseeing tour in 85 towns and cities worldwide!
- 15% discount with on clothing, footwear, books, maps and equipment at Cotswold Outdoors
- 10% online discount on clothing and camping equipment at Outdoor World Direct
- NEW for 2013: 10% online discount on archaeological tools from Past Horizons
Offers on organisational memberships/subscriptions:
- Save £9 on a Archaeology Scotland family membership
- Get a 25% discount on a British Archaeology magazine subscription
- Make a 45% saving on an annual Geographical magazine subscription
- 30% discount on an annual National Geographic Kids magazine subscription
Discounts and special offers on books:
- 10% discount on books with Book House
- 10% online discount on books with The British Museum Press
- 15% discount on MacMillan Children’s Books and free delivery
- NEW for 2013: Free gift with books from Mogzilla - and author Robin Price will also personally sign all Spartapuss and Beowuff books bought by YAC UK members too!!
New YAC Pass sites for 2013!!
YAC UK members can visit some amazing independent museums with their YAC Pass.
Check out the list below for the 39 new sites that joined the YAC Pass in 2013:
- Exeter Cathedral in Devon
- Museum of Dartmoor Life in Devon
- Priest’s House Museum & Garden in Dorset
- Royal Signals Museum in Dorset
- Dr Jenner’s House & Garden in Gloucestershire
- Gloucester City Museum & Art Gallery in Gloucestershire
- Gloucester Folk Museum in Gloucestershire
- The Bishop’s Palace in Somerset
- Building of Bath Collection in Somerset
- Westonzoyland Engine Trust in Somerset
- Queen Elizabeth’s Hunting Lodge / The View in Greater London
- The Temple in Greater London
- Milestones: Hampshire’s Living History Museum in Hampshire
- The Novium in West Sussex
- Weald & Downland Open Air Museum in West Sussex
- Royal Gunpowder Mills in Essex
- Saffron Walden Museum in Essex
- Holkham Hall in Norfolk
- Museum of East Anglian Life in Suffolk
- Epworth Old Rectory in Lincolnshire
- Combe Mill in Oxfordshire
- Museum of Cannock Chase in Staffordshire
- Anne Hathaway’s Cottage in Warwickshire
- Hall’s Croft in Warwickshire
- Mary Arden’s Farm in Warwickshire
- Nash’s House & New Place in Warwickshire
- Shakespeare’s Birthplace in Warwickshire
- Maryport Maritime Museum in Cumbria
- Ordsall Hall in Greater Manchester
- The Heritage Centre at Bellingham in Northumberland
- York Minster in North Yorkshire
- Wakefield Museum in West Yorkshire
- R.R.S Discovery in Angus
- Verdant Works in Angus
- Inveraray Jail & County Court in Argyll & Bute
- John Gray Centre Museum in East Lothian
- The Tallship at Riverside in Glasgow
- Clydebank Museum & Art Gallery in West Dunbartonshire
- Carmarthenshire County Museum in Carmarthenshire
Why not join YAC UK today, Individual YAC UK membership is just £15 a year!
You can find out how to renew your YAC UK membership here
External Internet Safety Links
External websites are out of the control of the Young Archaeologists’ Club. Whilst we have carried out an initial check that the content of the website is suitable for the Young Archaeologists’ Club age range, the Young Archaeologists’ Club is not responsible for the content of these external sites. If you feel that the link is unsuitable, please do let us know.
For more information please visit YAC’s Safe Surfing page.