Villainous Vikings invade Flag Fen!
Flag Fen Archaeology Park near Peterborough in Cambridgeshire is being invaded by villainous Vikings on Saturday 11th June and Sunday 12th June 2016.
The Vikings will be ready to meet and greet you between 10am and 5pm throughout the weekend (4pm last entry).
In preparation for their spectacular battle at this year’s Peterborough Heritage Festival, the Vikings are coming to Flag Fen to hone their skills before the invasion of Peterborough City Centre in July.
Discover what it takes to be a Viking warrior – see archery demonstrations, weapons displays, and battle skirmishes with the local Saxons! Visit the Viking and Saxon camps to experience life around 1,000 years ago. And have a go at the fun family activities too.
There’s no need to book for this event, just drop in.
Prices are £8 for adults, £5 for children, £20 for families (2 adults & 3 children)
Find out more
For more information, call 01733 864468 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Or visit their website at www.vivacity-peterborough.com/event/villianous-vikings
Loads to see at Flag Fen!
There's loads to see and do at Flag Fen, even when the site is not being invaded by Vikings!
• Check out their Bronze Age roundhouse and imagine what life was like thousands of years ago.
• Drop into the Visitor Centre and enjoy a tasty treat in the cafe.
• Relax and enjoy the scents and colours of the plants used in the reconstructed Roman herb garden.
• Take a wander around the lakeside walk and see what wildlife you can spot.
• Meet the Soay sheep; an ancient and fascinating breed, which sheds its own wool naturally.
• Explore the Big Dig Tent to become an archaeologist and get hands-on with the past. Discover how what’s in the ground can tell us more about how people lived in the past.
• Must Farm Boats – Following the exciting discovery of Bronze Age log boats at nearby Must Farm, the boats have been moved to Flag Fen and are currently being conserved in our cold storage facility.
Remember: if you are a member of a local YAC club, you can get free entry at Flag Fen with your YAC Pass Card!