Volunteering with YAC
This section of the YAC Leaders’ Area has everything that you need to apply and upgrade existing volunteers with a YAC Branch.
If you are a new volunteer you should complete the relevant form in consultation with your Branch Leader. They will need to sign your form to say that they support your application. If you would like to be involved in a Branch but you don’t know if there is a Branch near you, have a look on the Branches page and contact YAC HQ to show your interest.
For additional information regarding the descriptions of the duties and disclosure levels for all Branch Volunteers: Leaders, Branch Assistants and Helpers, see our YAC Volunteer Role Descriptions PDF.
More information about running your Branch and the roles of volunteers can be found in the Leaders’ handbook: Part Three .
Remember to keep YAC HQ informed of all current volunteers with your Branch. Anyone who helps out at your Branch meeting should have returned one of the below forms to YAC HQ. Please note, due to recent changes with the disclosure process for Scotland there are different forms for Scottish Volunteers to complete.
- I am applying to volunteer in England, Northern Ireland, or Wales
- This section contains forms and guidance for applying as a YAC volunteer in England, Northern Ireland or Wales
- I am applying to volunteer in Scotland
- This section contains forms and guidance for applying as a YAC volunteer in Scotland
- Changes in Volunteer Status
- This section contains forms and guidance for volunteers who are changing roles within a branch, transferring to a new branch, leaders who are leaving and leaders who are returning